Voting in Ohio
Voting in Ohio is easier than ever before. All voters may vote by absentee mail-in ballot or by voting in person during early-voting hours.
The deadline to register to vote for the 2023 Primary Election is April 3, 2023.
The deadline to register to vote for the 2023 General Election is October 10, 2023.
- Check to see if your voter registration is current at voteohio.gov.
- If your registration is under an old address, you can update your registration online at voteohio.gov.
- You may register to vote or change your name or address online at olvr.ohiosos.gov.
County Boards of Elections
- View a directory of county Board of Elections offices around Ohio.
- Contact your local Board of Elections for information such as requesting an absentee ballot, the location for early in-person voting, to find your local Election Day polling place, or to volunteer to be a paid poll worker.
- Any registered Ohio voter may vote by mail.
- Download an absentee ballot request form.
- Absentee voting for the May 2, 2023 Primary Election begins April 4, 2023.
- Absentee voting for the November 7, 2022 General Election begins October 11, 2023.
- *NEW THIS YEAR: All absentee ballot applications must be received by close of business seven days before elections day.
- April 25, 2023 for the May 2 Primary Election
- Oct. 31, 2023 for the Nov. 7 General Election
- Absentee ballots must be postmarked by the day before Election Day if mailed or may be hand-delivered to your county Board of Elections office by the close of the polls at 7:30 p.m. on Election Day.
Early In-Person Voting
- Any registered Ohio voter may vote early in person.
- Early voting for the 2023 Primary Election begins April 4, 2023.
- Early voting for the 2023 General Election begins October 11, 2023.
- Early in-person voting hours.
- Contact your county Board of Elections for early in-person voting location, driving directions, and parking information.
Election Day Voting
- Primary Election Day is May 2, 2023.
- General Election Day is November 7, 2023.
- Look up your polling location.
- NEW THIS YEAR: A photo ID is required to vote.
- View a list of acceptable forms of voter ID.
- If you are applying to vote absentee by mail or are returning an absentee ballot, you must provide an Ohio driver’s license or Ohio ID number, the last four digits of your SSN, or a copy of your photo ID.