Voting in Ohio
Voting in Ohio is easier than ever before. All voters may vote by absentee mail-in ballot or by voting in person during early-voting hours.
The deadline for the 2022 Primary Election is April 4, 2022.
- Check to see if your voter registration is current at voteohio.gov.
- If your registration is under an old address, you can update your registration online at voteohio.gov.
- You may register to vote or change your name or address online at olvr.ohiosos.gov.
County Boards of Elections
- View a directory of county Board of Elections offices around Ohio.
- Contact your local Board of Elections for information such as requesting an absentee ballot, the location for early in-person voting, to find your local Election Day polling place, or to volunteer to be a paid poll worker.
- Any registered Ohio voter may vote by mail.
- Download an absentee ballot request form.
- Absentee voting for the May 3, 2022 primary election begins April 5, 2022, but you may request an absentee ballot at any time.
- All absentee ballots must be postmarked by the day before Election Day (May 2, 2022) if mailed or may be hand-delivered to your county Board of Elections office by the close of the polls at 7:30PM on Election Day.
Early In-Person Voting
- Any registered Ohio voter may vote early in person.
- Early voting for the 2022 primary election begins April 5, 2022.
- Early in-person voting hours.
- Contact your county Board of Elections for early in-person voting location, driving directions, and parking information.